I have never been a big one for New Years Resolutions.
This year I sat down with the kids and discussed what a Resolution was and what they would like to be different in our house in 2011.
I was surprised at how quickly they came up with ideas and also how willing they were to work on them, even on January 1st after less sleep than normal.
If I had to create a list of things I wanted to improve on or complete in 2011 it would go something like this:
1. Go to be before midnight.
2. Spend less time at the computer when the kids are up
3. Spend more 1 on 1 time with my loving husband
4. Spend less money and save more
5. Lose the inches I gained over eating since my trip to Australia
6. Exercise.. maybe even open the Wii Fit I asked for in 2009 or the Hoop Dancing DVD I bought in 2010…
7. See a Movie once a month even if I have to go by myself
8. Finish decorating the kids bedrooms
9. Finish painting the house
10. Make enough space in the garage for my office so I can move it out of the kitchen/dining room.
11. Learn how to cook more lactose/diary free and gluten free foods for our son.
12. Have date night once a month with each of our children.
13. Have date night once a month with my husband. Even if it is a date night at home after the kids go to bed.
14. Call or visit family more often.
You may have noticed from my list that I am not the best at completing projects. Now that this list is written down I am planning on being more accountable at completing things.
What are your New Years Resolutions?