AMC Theatres in conjunction with the Autism Society of America are bringing families affected by autism and other disabilities a special opportunity to enjoy their favorite films in a safe and accepting environment on a monthly basis with the “Sensory Friendly Films” program.
What makes these movies different from a regular screening?
- no previews or advertisements will be shown before the movie
- the movie auditoriums will have their lights brought up and the sound turned down
- families will be able to bring in their own gluten-free, casein-free snacks
- audience members are welcome to get up and dance, walk, shout or sing
- AMC’s “Silence is Golden®” policy will not be enforced unless the safety of the audience is questioned
Upcoming Sensory-Friendly showings* include:
July 17 – Despicable Me
August 7 – Cats & Dogs 2
September 4 – Nanny McPhee Returns
October 2 – Legend of the Guardians – The Owls of Ga’Hoole
November 6 – MegaMind
November 20 – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1
December 11 – The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
All shows are at 10:00 am local time.
*Dates and films are subject to change.
This program is available at many locations across the USA. For a complete list of participating theatres visit AMC Entertainment.
If you’ve been to a Sensory Friendly Film please share your experience by leaving a comment below.