When I found the Peter Potty I had been battling with an almost 3 year old who was either OK with being wet or wanted to stand like daddy and just wasn’t tall enough.
I needed him to be potty trained for preschool and I really wanted him to be succesful at staying dry for longer periods of time.
What the manufacturer has to say about the product:
- No more training your little man to sit first and stand later
- Start him out right – teach him to stand from the beginning
- Little girls need to sit, but with the new Peter Potty, little boys can stand like Daddy
- Allows child to urinate by himself
- Sized to fit and grow with your little boy
- Can be wall mounted, free standing on supplied base or placed directly on floor
Our son loved this product and I finally convinced him he no longer needed it after about 18 months. It really helped him feel like he was accomplishing something special by being able to stand up like daddy. Being able to flush the urinal was very novel as well.
We used it with the base, and adjusted the height as our son got taller.
With a RRP of $39.95 in the US I think it is a wonderful option that is practical and easy to clean for parents potty training little boys.
If you are in Australia and looking for the Peter Potty you should stop by my friend Pam’s Baby Indulgences store.